Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chalk Talk

A couple of great friends and I went to Paris this past summer and we stayed in this amazing apartment in Neuilly-sur-Seine.



The apartment had this eclectic style with a vast mix of old, new, color and neutrals. There were so many things I wish I could replicate in my own house and I don't mean the 100yr old, non-working door knobs that lock you in a bathroom screaming for help. True story.






Since I do not possess the skills or the  monetary means to replicate the amazingly laid wood floors or ornamental iron balcony railings I will focus on the things I can. When we first walked into the kitchen this caught my eye...



I thought...I could totally make that...

So I did.

I went to the Goodwill and found a frame that I thought was pretty and unique. Then I dragged my less than thrilled 8 year old through the aisles of home depot to find chalkboard spray paint.

Easy peasy. I evenly sprayed the poor reproduction of a Robert Wood painting while using a paper towel as I went to guard the frame...


And TaDa!
My version of the "Paris Frame". Now I can write little Parisian love notes- to myself of course because no one else in my house will be able to read them. Oh well. "I love you" looks so much better when written in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment